Saturday, October 27, 2012

31 for 21: Special Olympics

*I've joined a blogging challenge for the month of October: Blog every day in October in honor of National Down Syndrome Awareness Month (Down syndrome is medically defined as Trisomy 21, and there are 31 days in October, hence the name 31 for 21). My posts will not necessarily be about Down syndrome, but I am writing as a person who 1) loves many people w/Down syndrome and other disabilities and 2) desires for others to be able to see what I see: remarkably unique people with much to offer to the world* 

For anyone reading my blog daily, please know that this morning DID help.  It was such fun to walk with the Down syndrome Network in the parade, fun to spend time with my Bible and a good friend before the parade, lovely to still have many hours of this Saturday ahead of me.  I have high hopes that I can start next week with a different mindset than I ended this last one with.

And now, because it's Saturday and I've made that the day where I just mostly post a video on the blog so I don't have to think too hard...here's today's video.  I love this one, it gives me chills.

I wish more of our looking and staring was like that.  If you haven't been to a Special Olympics event, please find one and attend one day.  I guarantee you'll be impressed.
 
Happy Saturday!


No comments: